PRIVACY & POLICY
“Personal Information” is information that identifies an individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
What type of Personal Information does Boskyfurniture.com collect and how is it used?
Boskyfurniture.com collects information that helps us process your purchases and personalize and improve your shopping experience. Here are the types of information that we gather:
- Registration: In order to make purchases through the Website or the App, you must register for an account and provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, date of birth and email address.
- Purchases: When you make a purchase through the Website or the App, we may collect the following information: e-mail address, billing address, mailing address, pseudonyms, phone number, Boskyfurniture.com password, personal preferences, group affiliations, payment and billing information. During checkout, you have the option to have us remember your credit card number for future purchases. We do this using a technology called “payment tokenization”. That’s just a fancy way of saying we don’t actually store any information about your credit card number at all. Instead, when you complete a purchase we use your credit card number to get a secret token – a special random string of letters and numbers that has nothing to do with your credit card information – from the credit card payment provider. Then, when you want to make your next purchase, instead of sending your credit card number to the credit card payment provider we send the secret token. Just like all of our other financial transactions, this is done over a secure, encrypted communication line. We use third party freight providers to deliver your purchases, and accordingly, we share your name, phone number, email address and shipping address with such providers for the purposes of completing your delivery.
- Mobile Location Data: If you download the App, we will ask you if you want to give our App access to your mobile device location. If you grant the App access to your mobile location, we will collect location data for analytics and to better provide our Services to you.
- Communications with us: When you contact us through email, through submitting a customer review or survey, entering a contest on Boskyfurniture.com, or by telephone, we collect the information that you provide to us in the course of the communication.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our customer care department at email@example.com
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about the use of the Services purchased through the Website or the App. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
In what circumstances do we disclosures and transfer Personal Information?
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the App. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the App and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Website or the App, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org.